this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Reemerging Adventures of EMHU

Well, with Spiked Punch in full gear, I was pretty sure EMHU* (ethan master of the hawaiian ukulele) was dead forever. well guess what kids, the South will rise again, and by the south, I mean WAAAAAAY South, like, nearly Equatorial, bitches.

This year I have a few goals.
1. I am attempting Infinite Jest for the 3rd time. After day one (not counting night time reading) I am at page 41. I think I am going to lay off the Maui Wowee for the first week until some of my Hawaii buddies get into town in an attempt to keep my mind sharp and make headway on this goal.
2. I have a much improved recording setup, and a hankerin to get started on a ukulele based record. The big improvement this year is I rented this awesome mic from Rock and Roll Rentals that I would like to tell you about. It is a condenser mic, but in lieu of phantom power it can be powered by a 9V battery! The output signal I am getting vs whatever I used last year is so much better, I am actually centering the faders on 7.5 like you are supposed to and controlling the volume by taking the trim down, as opposed to last year when everything basically had to be at 10 and sounded like shit.

The vacay so far:

Lonngggg flight out of Dallas, close to 9 hours. Opted out of "Elf" in favor of trying to sleep, and then watched "Legally Blonde" which was actually really funny and a convincing fantasy as far as I'm concerned. Reese Witherspoon was great. Last night I was able to catch up on my trash TV (VH1 end of the year countdown, an surprisingly endearing episode of "Cougertown", an hour of "Robot Chicken" and an episode of "Real Sex" on HBO. Im counting it as a sign of maturity that it didn't give me a boner.) Today I woke up at 830ish with some hazy weird thoughts that were gone midway through my shower. I think i am going to keep a pen and paper at my bedside so I can record some of these weird thoughts and hopefully use them as lyrics. Then I ate some french toast my grandma bought at some place that was probably the best french toast Ive ever had, along with 2 pieces of regular toast and a bowl of fruit. Delicious!!! Then I went out by the beach. There is no one hear!!! Its fuckin awesome, the recession is my gain, because I love the empty beach. Oh yeah, but I recorded some stuff this morning, it sounds good. I'll post some demo highlights at somepoint after i get back perhaps

No comments:

Post a Comment