this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Am A Kurt Cobain Diehard

Nirvana. First rock band I can state "I was obsessed with" truthfully. Probably the reason I learned to play guitar. Definitely the reason I first grew out my hair. Largely culpable for my lengthy love affair with rock music. While I've seen my fair share of interview footage, live shots, and documentaries on Kurt and the band, this is the coolest set I've found in a while. Good quality for early 90s footage of a concert. No hair-brained theories about whether Kurt is alive (there's a blog like Kurtisstillalive.blogspot.com for your lols) or was murdered, no awkward "he's stoned" interviews, no omens. Just rock.

And for the record In Utero > Nevermind.
REPLACE THESE STARS WITH FULL POST<-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsOQHB0WLHc&feature=channel_page

Sorry, I don't feel like putting the actual video in there.

Setlist:
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Drain You
Breed
Serve The Servants
Come As You Are
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Sliver
Dumb (cut in half a bit)
In Bloom (replete with the I-don't-like-guitar-solos guitar solo)
About A Girl
Lithium

Well, personally, I am thrilled to hear Radio Friendly Unit Shifter anytime... But the other songs hit very hard too. Only thing I'd have love to have in there that wasn't is a "Scentless Apprentice." This footage is a rare, well-preserved document overall. I am in 8th grade again, and I will probably have weird dreams as this was the last thing I did before I went to sleep.






I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment