this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Roctakon Dream

So last night after the Reverse X Rays tour kickoff and apartment pool after-party, I had a funny little dream about DJ Roctakon. He's from New York City and has been around for awhile, I've never seen him play but his Baltimore remixes on the first Money Lotion record from Turntablelab were a staple of my 2k6/7 DJ sets.

The dude is somewhat notorious in the DJ blogging world for being an asshole. He disses people specifically in blogs (Theo Parrish), makes a lot of comments about things he hates about younger DJs on the Low Budget Board , and isn't ashamed to play top 40 trash for the big dollars. He also likes to make a point of how he makes more money than any DJ who wants to argue with him on the internet.

So, in dream world, I find out he is hosting a party at his house. He lives in New York City, Chinatown from what I've gathered from the blogosphere, but that doesn't really deter me. I end up going to this house party and suddenly all of my friends want to go as well, we're crashing Roctakon's party.

So myself and party crashing company enter the house and suddenly I'm piss drunk, stumbling here and there, and I knock over a lamp. I'm like a drunken sailor, Johnny Depping by way of Keith Richarding my way through this party of people wearing really trendy hats whose blogs I've probably downloaded disco songs from.

Luckily no one seemed to notice that I was floating like a sailboat around this house uninvited. I manage to leave, drive drunk, and get pulled over by two police officers. They come in from my left and right, getting closer and closer to my car and so that i have to slow down and they block my path in a V formation. And then I woke up. I usually wake up in situations like that. Except a few nights ago when I killed a police officer instead of waking up. I'm hard sometimes.

Here's the "promo video" for Roctakon's new mix, which has been posted on about every blog I read.


roctakon promo from Woods on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment