this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Accentuate the Positive--a show review from the trenches

Without erasing it, Im going to apologize for the below post. Not because I no longer believe it or anything, but just because if you read it, that was a waste of your time, so, sorry. I'll try not to do that in the future. I've been busier than is probably healthy lately and this weather (aka winter...apparently its January) is making me grumpy. But I saw something cool tonight at Hole in the Wall that is worth mentioning.

There name was The Pillow Queens. I thought they were very interesting. They had sort of a 90s sound/vibe to them and they really rocked it. I like bands that rock it that style. One thing that made me particularly like this band was that I could listen to any one instrument and be like "oh, wow, thats a cool drum part" or "oh wow, cool bass line." And I liked the singing.

The other band that I saw tonight was a very new band called Canopy (sp? I think its special...). The place was really packed in for those guys. Shane says they remind him of Danielson sort of, which I kind of see. I'm definitely going to make a point to check them out again in a few months on a night when I feel more energetic. I think they have potential to be very good if they keep writing new songs and pushing themselves to try new stuff on that front, so should be an interesting local band to follow a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment