this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Beauty Bar

So last night I'm waiting in line to see Low Budget and Smalltown Pete at Beauty Bar. I get to the front of the long ass line only to hear the doorman say, "Sorry, we're only letting in girls right now."

I'm the first person in line for about 15 mnutes. After watching plenty of California drivers license carrying guestlisters and tube top wearing bitches walk in front of me, I was finally let in and it wasn't even crowded inside.

M.I.A.'s name was on the flyer as the "host" of the event. Friends I met in line, and I assume many others, were under the impression that she was doing a performance. Although I knew this wouldn't happen and that she would only be supporting her tour DJ, Low Budget, she wasn't even there by the time I left at 1:15. It is a shame because the sunken seating area inside Beauty Bar was roped off as "reserved" and had someone guarding it, obviously for her. It was empty. Is this Beauty Bar's idea of a V.I.P. room?

Okay Beauty Bar. Create false buzz for our event by ambiguously throwing M.I.A.'s name on the flyer, create even more fake demand by forcing a line when there needn't be one, try to pad the ratio of men to women at the expense of us guys who just want to see some world-class DJs, and then rope off an area for special people who don't even show up.

This shouldn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment