this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

How Not to Throw a House Show

I think if I ever write an autobiography thats what its going to be called. The answer is....dont have it last for 10 hours without a damn good reason! I dont know I dont really want to talk about the first part of our little 7-7-07 party (the part with all the sitting around and the bands not playing) nor the last part of the party (the neighborly violence). I shouldnt say I dont want to talk about the last part of the party at all, because thats when Zach Stacey got off work and brought over 2 dozen pipping hot cookies from Tiffs Treats. Thats 21 for the guests and 3 for me. Good vibes shout out Zach! thanks for the Sun City girls concert, maybe Ill figure out a way to post some of that in mp3 format for the people.

Anyways the middle of the party was pretty fun. It was my first time to see Mermaid Blonde so now I think ive seen all of Arts bands (even though thats really Pauls band). The Black played under really beautiful changing light right at sunset. Jason Chu played and Polaris really liked it (as well as everyone else). Polaris is a guy who I never expect to see, am never surprised to see, and am always glad to see. Polaris is the recipient of the 2nd official Casa Vista Good Vibes Shout Out Award of this blog post. Shout out 3 goes to Taft for bringing the mic stands which totally saved the day. I think this is the last time to attempt an all day event like that (outside of SXSW). Its just not worth it. Why would you want to be at the same house party for 10 hours, you know? Bands + DJs = 5 hrs max, thats the rule. At least nothing got stolen this time. It sort of reminded me of my 20th birthday party. My 19th birthday was the best party I have ever been to. It was at the coop and all the people there were my friends and all the costumes were incredible. The best was Sturart who dressed up like a caveman, complete with a surrounding frozen block of ice made of ciran wrap. He would dance and you could see him dancing inside this ice cube, but it was also in the context of this very bulky costume bouncing side to side in rhythm. Totally funny. Anyways, I tried to do the same thing for 20 (just bigger) and it just didnt work as well. Circumstances were slightly different and went unaccounted for. But life is about learning and I dont feel really drug down at all, well just do it again next time hopefully better. I think for a while it was really something special, and I think the people who didnt make it there until everyone started showing up and then left before we had neighbor problems probably had a really good time. I know a few people had a good time and I had an interesting late night jam with the SUNSET crew.

Also Taft mentioned that he had read the whole Beatles vs. Rolling Stones post, which makes him the first person besides myself to bring this blog up in conversation. While apologizing I was relieved to hear that although he didnt agree with me (maybe because he has half a brain...the complement his other half...) it made him feel something down there in his body, so thats good. Also dont let your interest be peaked--if you havent read that post yet...dont. :P xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment