this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Caltech Annual Formal

I've been in California since Thursday. I'm staying in a dorm at California Institute of Technology, one of the top 3 or so science schools in the country. I DJed their formal dance on Saturday. They love Sean Paul and Shakira and I don't play either.
I was driven to the hotel of the dance in a white stretch hummer limo. There were 5 Caltechers and myself. They were playing with the radio and had settled on Classical music.
So naturally, I ask them if they're big fans of Classical music. They respond not really. Then I tell them to put on some fucking hip hop.
So we're driving through Pasadena to Lean Like a Chollo. There are colored lights inside the limo, lining the ceiling above the parallel couch seating. I've got a briefcase with my laptop and a KVRX Record bag with a borrowed Behringer mixer.
The hotel is the Ritz Carleton. It is a 5 star hotel. There are concept cars and Bentleys lining the entrance and they don't have license plates.

Top Quotes:
"Uh, you already played Toxic? Well my girlfriend wants to hear it. So play it again. Right now."
"Um, were you planning on playing some swing music?"

Most Popular Request:
"Play something we can dance to! You know, !"

No comments:

Post a Comment