this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

First Blog Inside Joke: Ego Waffles

So I was eating some Ego Waffles (which will become a recurrent theme of this blog) thinking about how much weight Ive gained (10 lbs) since I started working at Jimmy Johns (3 weeks ago) when I realized I should be posting another blog.

Today I went to the 5th Van Cliburn Outstanding Ameteurs Competition at TCU in Fort Worth. It was the last day of the opening round and my uncle Martin Gross was performing. He did a Scarlati that another woman did too (his was better), a short Grieg piece nicknamed the Cradle Song, a Chopin I think and a rag called The Atomic Shuffle. Its written down in the program which I am going to scan in hopefully. His program was changed up. It was very well recieved but I think he probably fell just short of making the semis (25 out of the original 75 accepted into the event). I'll know tomorrow, I hope they tell him where exactly he placed, it would be nice to know.

We are going to have a house show here at Casa Vista (2009 Vista Lane, ATX) next Thursday June 7th. The flyer isn't made yet because Dann is California Dreaming right now and he usually handles that, although I just made the header to this blog all by myself and it turned out alright so maybe Ill give it a shot. Im going to play an Effete mini-set as is custom, Firewood (Taft and those guys) are going to play and WS-Burn is going to play as well. A band from I believe Houston called The Satin Hooks who are Charlie Alvorado's friends if I remember might play as well. It should be an all around good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment