this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scientists in the Media

Check out this article about swine flu on the New York Times. Here is the funny part:

""
Dr. Richard Besser, acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said that officials had no way of predicting whether the outbreak would become more serious.

“You don’t know if this is a virus that will fizzle in a couple of weeks or one that will become more or less virulent or severe in the diseases it causes,” Dr. Besser said.

He said officials must follow government plans for a pandemic because of that unpredictability.

“If we could see into the future, it would be wonderful so that we could tailor all our responses specifically to what is occurring,” Dr. Besser said.
""

So the secret to solving this "pandemic" (I don't even know what that word means) is to see into the future.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I've been doing since I got ready for y2k ... looking into the future to determine how I want to imagine the past and how I want to act in the present. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete