this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bedroom Mix

I recorded this a few nights ago. The mixing is shaky at points, but the idea was just to record a session despite it's flaws. There are a few really solid and ambitious transitions in my opinion. I'm starting to realize that I try to stay in the mix too long. 45 seconds is really difficult if you're not playing techno, which I generally don't play. So from now on, here's your's truly pledging to start acting more like a hip-hop DJ and keeping the transitions to 8 bars.


Bedroom Mix #1 - January 7
31minutes32seconds

Shriekback - My Spine is the Bassline ("12 edit) - 1982
Tepr - En Direct De La Cote - 2006
Wax Romeo - Hey Kids - 2006
Daniel Wang - Gotta Get Up - 1993
T.J. Johnson Band - Dragonfly - 1983
Rhythm Based Lovers - Snow Drift - 2008
Alb - Sweet Sensation (Breakbot Remix) - 2008(?)
Crazy P - Love On The Line (Unabombers Dub Mix) - 2008
Stone Roses - I am the Resurrection (Sir Billy Remix) - 2008(?)
Lee Douglas - Hide'n Seek - 2008
Altz - Yello - 2007
Marbeya - Sancho - 2008

Stream or download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment