this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Favorite Song Wednesday



All week I had been thinking that my favorite song was "Love Has Come Around" by Donald Byrd, but American Athlete went and stole my thunder and posted it yesterday. In an effort to not looking like a piggyback blogger, I am revising my favorite song for the week. Go download the Donald Byrd track from American Athlete, it is amazing.

So since my favorite song was co-opted by another blog, I thought back to what my favorite song was when I was in sixth grade. It was Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden. I used to jam this song over and over in my discman, along with other popular singles "Spoonman" and "Fell on Black Days".

This version is a reworking by French producer/remixer Pilooski. He has been killing it for a few years now. I first caught wind of his edits when his remix of Franki Valli's Beggin' hit big last year. He flips some of the oddest sources (Amon Duul II, Alan Parsons Project, Cat Stevens) to make really catchy dance tracks. This isn't a dance track, but it might make you waltz. The version makes you realize the excessively formal tone of the lyrics. I don't want to say anymore and ruin the surprise. Stream it!


Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (Pilooski Version)

BONUS:

Pilooski's two latest remixes:


Elvis Presley - Crawfish (Pilooski Edit)


Findlay Brown - Promised Land (Pilooski Edit)

DOUBLE BONUS:

The Black Hole Sun video is weird as hell.

1 comment:

  1. i was in FIFTH grade when that song came out. reminds me of how much OLDER i am than you.

    by sixth grade i was deep into listening to whatever rob was playing.
    weezer/smashing pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete