this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

James Brown and the Computer

There are no computers in the offices of James Brown Enterprises. "He's got this strange notion that they can see back at you," Maria Moon, one of his staffers, explained. "I guess he watched too many Russian-spy movies when he was young or something, but he thinks that they can see you and that they can track everything that you do." Mr. Brown put it slightly differently: "I don't want computers coming feeding direct off of me, 'cause I know what I got to tell a computer that it ain't got in there, and I don't want to. If the government would want me to be heading up the computer people, I would give 'em a basic idea what we should put in a computer-not just basic things, you know, but things that will be helpful in the future. We don't have that, but I could tell 'em a lot of things.

-New Yorker 2002, via O

No comments:

Post a Comment