this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

kicked out!

I was really full of piss and vinegar about 2 hours ago. Shane says I got what I deserved. I can neither agree nor disagree with that statement. I was waiting in line for the Belaire show, my trusty 8 dollars in toe, when some dude just waltzes right in. I turned to Willard and Christine and said "did that guy just walk in?" and they were like "hmm...looked like that" and some part of my brain said "fuck it" and I just waltzed right in. The guy working the door belatedly came over to me and was like "what are you doing?" and I was soon kicked out and disallowed entry, even for a price.

So that's the story of the 2nd time I have ever been kicked out of a show, (the first time being for The Black Lips, which wasn't even my fault....I had stage dove, and been pushed back up to the stage twice. I tried to roll off but couldn't so I dove again, apparently kicking some girl in the head, which led to my removal). It hardly feels like it counted, to be honest. Who gets kicked out of a Belaire show? I had had one drink.

But whats funny about this situation is the part in my brain that upon getting kicked out is indignant. It went like this: "Hey doorguy! Who the fuck are you?? Do you even know how many shows I've snuck into for free, and you're gonna give me shit? You know what, you can keep your 8 dollars! Seriously who the fuck do you think you are???"

I think I told the door guy "No I get it man, that's not cool! It's OK, whatever!" I really was very close to telling him he could keep his 8 dollars, which I guess would have been slightly confusing more than anything.


Pre all of this I did catch Transmography at Club Deville. It was awesome, those guys rock, and then after the incident I went back and caught La Snacks who were good too

No comments:

Post a Comment