this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

We livin in-a-gadda-da-vida (baby)

last night Shane said to me "this house is the best thing thats ever happened to us" and I had been thinking the same thing just a minute prior. It has a power. Ultimate partying power. We set em up, you knock me down, and the BYOB thing totally works. The first party we had was great, but afterwards it was like "that was a great party." Last night was great but it was more like "holy shit we can do this over and over again to the same results and thats going to be financially feasible because we .

You know call it a lack of imagination on our part. When we first saw the place we were quick to the draw ("well take it!") and credit us for that, but I don't think any of us saw this coming. The house has a power man. "Man, I helped clean up a party here like SEVEN years ago!" "Oh yeah, man we played a show here, god, like THREE years ago!" Same shit over and over again. Everyone knows where it is. It makes me want to buy the house and spend whatever it needs to undilapidate it because the foundation is so fucked and with property values in this neighborhood, no way it will still be here in 10 years. Time to buy some lottery tickets I guess.

The show last night was fucking incredible. All 3 bands killed. Transmography left a bunch of compilation CDs around from the 8088 record collective thing they are doing. It has "Prime Numbers" on it which is probably my favorite song by them. Frazier has a sticker on his keyboard that says "Titanic was an Inside Job." I left the instructions for how to get one ("google smear campaign") in my text message box. Im going to get one of those and a Ron Paul 08 sticker and stick em both on my car.

The banana shaker almost walked off but didn't and at some point I ended up playing it with The Black. That led to me forcing Shane's sax upon him and making him play which was sort of an into the fire type situation that would have gone better had he been able to, you know, like, know the song (or the key) first. Sax is not like guitar, its way harder for that sort of thing.

Shane and Chris figured out a novel traffic control system and the front door never really was opened. We did have 2 doorknobs broken during the course of the party. But hey man, shit happens when you party hard....

Like listening to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida twice (that one was my bad). I think someone cut it off in the middle the second time which was probably wise.

Zach finally played me some Magma which was really cool. I didn't realize Magma is the Karl Orff of prog.

No comments:

Post a Comment