this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Peace Corpse / Last Night Ruled

Q: How do you throw an after party?
A: We are Devo!

no, wait wrong one...

A: Take out all of the furniture in your front two rooms and then fucking wrap the whole damn thing in Reynolds Wrap and put obscured blue and red light over it and also stock the fridge with beers.

But lets back up...
Local Musician Esteban had a going away party at La Luz, which is a clothing and furniture store across from Polvo's. He's going to Spain but first he played in a one time band consisting of him on drums, Martin and Paul from Brazos, and Josh from Peel. They were called Peace Corpse which is far too good a name to only be used for one gigs. I found some awesome shoes there (white snakeskin loafers!) for like 35 bucks but they were size 8s, the guy ("Ace") whose store it is is going to find me some and sell em to me. White Snake Skin Loafers! They were fucking amazing.

Anyways I had had the good fortune of asking Martin for a gig recently and he stuck me on the bill as Ethan, Master of the Hawaiian Ukulele. There was only one ukulele song, the rest were on guitar. I had to borrow a guitar because the PA was small and couldnt really pick up. If I could do it all over again, we would have run my classical guitar through an amp. It was pretty well received, lots of "it sounds like Jon Richman + ____" which is pretty fucking close to the highest compliment a person can give a man in my book. Im going to have to play more shows. Plus afterwards inside there were plenty of places to sit down.

Also, there was an amazing vegetable tray.

Anyways I would like to continue with this blog but me and Shane are headed to Home Depot to get the wood for the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment