this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Maths and English

Here I am at Lambert's, sitting on a black piano bench waiting to DJ again. Andrew and I have started doing a weekly thing on Wednesday nights. Cheap drinks and such. The place is at 2nd and Guadalupe, it is really cool. I promise.

I downloaded the new Dizzee Rascal record today and as much as I would like to write a review for it I'm not quite ready. I've been following him since before his first album dropped in the U.S. and so I feel like I've got as good a view of his career as any.
Maths and English is his third album, following Boy in Da Corner and Showtime. One of the things that I really dig about Dizzee is that his albums are extremely topical. Boy in Da Corner was all about breaking out, Showtime was his declaration that he had made it, and now we've got Maths and English. It seems like a statement that he has made it, he has learned at thing or two, and he knows he can do whatever the fuck he wants. There are big name collaborations with U.G.K and Lily Allen. There are extremely vulgar songs called Suk My Dick and Pussyole. There are three music videos that have already been shot, one of which you might see me dancing in the background. So, in the next few days I'll shoot out a decent review, but for now I'm trying to figure out if I like the direction Dizzee has chosen. So wait on it. And, uh, come to Lambert's on 2nd and Guadalupe next week so I can play electro and won't be sitting around bloggering.

No comments:

Post a Comment