this must be the place....goin strong , yeah baby!!!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Why Andrew 3000 is the best rapper

"Now hurry hurry, go on to the altar,
I know you're not a pimp but pimp remember what we taught ya."

U.G.K. feat Outkast - Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/21216378b7ef41/

Every part of this track is spot-on. The beat is hypnotic, repetitive, and catchy without sounding trite. The soulful vocal samples collide in the chorus, giving us nice 4 bar breaks between some of the most creative emceeing I've heard in awhile.
Pimp C promotes safe sex, Andre gets introspective on the whole groupie thing, Bun B promises to make his woman the 8th wonder of the world, and Big Boi talks about an infant confusing a pimple for a nipple and not getting fed. Each verse is full of some genius images and rhythms and gets me excited for the new U.G.K album, even though I haven't listened to them too extensively.

1 comment: